Monday, May 4, 2009

Getting to know you

During our first week home, Adam and I are getting to know Micah.

  • He's an awesome eater. He almost regained all of the weight he lost after leaving the hospital in only two days!
  • He's a good mix of his mom and dad. Adam and I both see traits of us in him, both in looks and demeanor. Overall, he's easy going, but when something is bothering him--watch out.
  • He's very inquisitive. He studies everything and loves to hear stories about the foreign objects in this world...like "windows."
  • He loves to "help" with everything and does so by using his little hands.
  • He has the best sneezes. Instead of "AH choo," he starts out with a massive cry and then sneezes, so it's more of a "WAH choo."
  • He's a strong kicker (but I knew that from my pregnancy).
Over the past week that we've been home, we've gone to the doctors, done some house chores, and slowly started to build our new lives. We've also been able to get some rest and eat well thanks to our family and friends. A HUGE thank you to all of you who have helped and who continue to offer help!

I know it's only been a week and a few days, but I can't believe how much he's growing. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the week:



5 comments:

KathyB. said...

He is really a beautiful baby! So blonde!Love the picture of him smiling. Congratulations to all of you.God is good.

Unknown said...

Shannon, I am so pleased to hear you and the family are doing well. Micah is truly a beautiful baby boy... the photos are such a treat! We're very happy for you and Adam and will continue to keep all three of you in our prayers.
Much love,
Beth

A. Joy said...

He looks so wise already, like he already knows lots of things and can't wait to talk about them! That big smile on his face makes me giggle. Congrats on the addition of a new person into your home and family!

Linda said...

Just precious thoughts. :) Thanks for sharing. It's a blessing to get a glimpse of your days.

The White House said...

Oh that Smile is precious! I found you guys through Ed & Katie's blog! Congrats on your new addition too!