Monday, June 15, 2009

The shot heard around the house

Our weekend was filled with two great get togethers...both of which I forgot the camera at home. The first was a graduation party for a family friend that I've known over 20 years! I'm simply baffled by the fact that I attended her baby shower so many years ago, and now she is a sweet, warm-hearted graduate! The second get together was a reunion with some of the couples we attended our pregnancy class with each month. We enjoyed seeing their new additions and swapping stories about our new roles as parents. We look forward for future reunions.

While these get togethers were entertaining, they are not the reason for this post. This post is about poop. Yes, poop.

While getting the little guy dressed and ready for one of the get togethers, I was changing his diaper. All was going great--Micah was fed, he was being patient as I unbuttoned his onesie, and he was keeping his grunts at a minimum (which is really saying something because this little guy grunts like no one's business). As I finished cleaning him off from his dirty diaper, I heard the shot--and then saw the consequences. He farted with so much gusto that poop sprayed off the changing table and hit the closet door. I'm sad to say two stuffed animals decorating said closet door needed to be washed. I was stunned, but then called for Adam. We laughed the entire time we cleaned up the mess.

Sometimes, you just have to laugh.

5 comments:

Gooseshooter said...

Dad and grandpa must be so proud!

A. Joy said...

Hahaha! I knew there'd be a poop post soon!
This happened to Tom - only Little J was on his lap. Tom did not laugh. He yelled for me at the top of his lungs in a voice that I thought must mean something horrible had happened - like maybe our little one was injured or something ... no, Tom was just covered in poop.

Anonymous said...

And all this time we've been talking about projectile vomitting. Who knew we'd have to come up with another projectile?~!

T-Bone said...

We had a similar incident the first week of Elli's entry into this world. We were cracking up as well after the initial shock. I read in The Baby Book later, this is referred to as "explosive stool." We now know to have the clean diaper ready to go as soon as the dirty one is taken away. :) Great to see you two again and meet Micah. Love your blog! ~The Yants

KathyB. said...

I like what pwilson said, who knew...projectile pooping!