Anyway, Micah found his hands a few weeks ago, so they are typically his object of affection. I think my favorite part about this new discovery is the unexpected sucking noises I hear throughout the day. For example, Micah may be sitting in his bouncy chair talking with his "friends" one minute, and in the next minute I hear this squishy sucking noise. It's adorably cute--until he gags himself and spits up.
Last night while I was burping Micah, I heard that adorable squishy sucking noise over my shoulder. I knew he was still a bit hungry, so I brought him down to my lap. By the time I got him positioned, I noticed a red mark on his wrist. Apparently, Micah's hand wasn't accessible enough so he decided to suck, and suck, and suck on his wrist--giving himself his first hicky. Unfortunately, it's still on his arm today, but it is fading.

I'm sure it won't be the last hicky our son gives himself. But now I'm thinking about his teenage years, and I'm hoping he grows out of this phase by then.
2 comments:
Ha ha! Made me laugh.....I hope you keep this blog around for Micah to read . That alone should be entertaining! Happy 4th of July !
hehehe! CT gave Tom a hickey on his nose because Tom let his suck on his nose as a newborn. The older kids let Little J suck on their cheeks and they all had hickeys in his first few weeks. Cute picture of his little hand!
Post a Comment