Monday, January 11, 2010

Letters from Dad: Catch

Growing up and to this day, one of my favorite activities is playing catch. I remember doing it from very early on with my dad and brother and it has special meaning to me. And it can be of any form -- throwing a baseball or football, kicking a soccer ball, or passing a basketball. There is something relaxing and fun about it, and I can do it for hours, talking the whole time.

Yesterday was an exciting day for me because I'm going to claim it as the first time Micah and I have played catch. Now, many parents claim many things about their kids and how advanced they are. We are no different :) But, here is the evidence:
  • A ball was used (with multiple colors and holes on it, but still ...)
  • I rolled the ball to Micah as he sat on the floor.
  • Micah picked up the ball, shook it around for a few seconds, and then quickly let it go.
  • The ball would go in one of many directions, but it mostly went within a few feet of me (though we sat just 2 feet apart).
  • I picked up the ball and repeated the process.

Now, I could be particular and save this "catch" claim for a time when Micah achieves a higher accuracy rating. But, I got that same special feeling playing catch with him that I had growing up, so I can't help but claim it now.

Thank you Micah. I look forward to playing catch many more times... with hopefully ever increasing accuracy.

A.W.

1 comment:

A. Joy said...

Wonderful post! Micah will love all of the thought you put into those few short moments with him! Way to make the little things extra special! =)