Thursday, April 9, 2009

Cowlicks

Today, I had my hair cut for the last time as a pregnant woman without any kids. Over that past few weeks, I've noticed a section on the right side of my head where my hair stands straight out--no matter how much mousse I apply to it. I chalked it up to an odd cowlick that I've never noticed before.

When I asked my hair stylist about my new-found cowlick, she told me that I have about a two-inch section of hair that has little short hairs growing underneath the longer hair, making the longer hairs stand straight out. And bonus, I not only have this phenomenon on my right side, but also on my left! I'm hoping this undergrowth hurry up and grow so I can give up my Bozo the Clown look soon.

1 comment:

A. Joy said...

It's true - pregnancy does wierd things to your hair - especially if you're having a boy. I was told this by a midwife. It should go back to normal by the time your baby is a few months old, however, I've noticed cowlicks are in right now!!!!