Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Full term and surprises

Yesterday, my mom and I went shopping for all of the last-minute essentials. You know, diapers, diaper bag, yada yada. It's comforting to have all of the essential shopping done. Now, I get to finish organizing and decorating the nursery, but all of that is icing on this very special cake. Speaking of special things...

It's a very, very special day. Today, Baby Wilson is 37 weeks old, which means he's considered full term! Any day now, I can give birth to our non-premie baby! I'm so happy to have reached this milestone! Praise Him for his blessings of health these 37 weeks!

Oddly enough, today is also April Fool's day, so something was bound to be a little off, right? Well, I went to the dentist to have a particularly swollen gum looked at. Apparently, I have a pregnancy granuloma in my gum--a common side effect of pregnancy due to all of the hormones racing through my body. The dentist was surprised to see it in my "clean" mouth but said it's nothing to worry about. After a five-minute procedure (which involved a local anesthetic), the dentist said my gum should heal as soon as tomorrow. Nothing like gargling with salt water to pass the day until my doctor's appointment this afternoon!

2 comments:

A. Joy said...

Fun times Shannon!

commoncents said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.