Sunday, March 29, 2009

The after party

Yesterday I had a great time at my last baby shower, which was hosted by two of my friends. We played games such as Match the Star Wars characters' to their baby pictures, Guess how many Q-tips are in the jar, Guess my girth, and How many baby items on the tray can you remember? Again, I felt so blessed with everyone's thoughtful gifts, and I reconnected with some friends who I haven't seen in a while! The party was a hit!

One of the hosts came up with this awesome idea: get a baby pool and then have all of the guests sign it. So, the outside of Baby Wilson's pool is decorated with fun splish-splashy sayings. It's really cute, and I can't wait to put our little guy in it...especially because swimming was such a big part of my life growing up and an early spark in Adam's and my relationship.

Expanding on the pool idea, the other host gave Baby Wilson his first set of swim trunks and sunglasses! So later last night, I'm showing Adam all of the neat gifts Baby Wilson received, and we get to the sunglasses. Before I knew it, he's putting them on. I almost rolled off my chair I laughed so hard! I wonder...is this a glimpse of things to come for our little guy?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Shannon! I read all your posts today only (sooooooooo late). But all of them could lead anybody to actually feel your emotions these days! Even I am eager to hear the most awaited good news from u. So keep posting......:)