Adam and I have been preparing for labor, and I've had a lot of thoughts about it. Really, it's inevitable--no matter how scary, painful, or daunting it may seem. Baby Wilson is going to be a part of this outside world very soon. When, I don't know. How, I don't know. That's the toughest part about preparing for labor--it's an unknown. No matter how many books we read, how many classes we attend, or how many people we talk to, no one can tell us what MY labor is going to be like. This reality is sinking in now.
This past weekend, we took a two-day class that simulated a birth experience, taught us positions to help cope with labor pain, gave us ideas about other techniques to cope with labor pain, and prompted several conversations. Sure, I completely understand that taking a class isn't experiencing labor, but we both feel a bit more prepared for it now at the very least. For me, labor is no longer a scary end to my pregnancy. It's another stage in this whole process--similar to starting a new trimester.
Don't get me wrong; I'm not hoping to start labor today. But if it did, we're as prepared as we can be!
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good luck with your preparations.
Blessings, Star
I just read your last 2 posts!You've only gained 20 pounds, you're doing fantastic! You looked pretty and fit and trim just 2 weeks ago and after baby Wilson comes along the pounds will slip off quickly. Don't worry about the clothes either, if i recall my ancient history, nothing was comfortable when i was 9 months pregnant....
I prayed every time that God would be very present and work out every detail of my labor and deliveries. You know what? He did! Every single time went along more perfectly than I could have even planned it - outside of just being knocked out and woken up when it was all over - =) I couldn't believe how unscary and calm and pain free it all was and nothing was too much to bear.
Post a Comment