Sunday, September 13, 2009

The fantastic fair

The fair has always been a special event for Adam and I, but this year, we were excited to experience the fair with Micah! And as an extra bonus, our friend Julie happened to visit us this weekend, so the five of us set out to do the Puyallup.

We started the day with Tully's coffee, Micah's "second breakfast," and a diaper change. Then, we loaded the stroller up with our fair essentials...including the little guy. The picture shows off his fair-tastic mohawk, which spent most of the day under a hat.

Our fair experience included all of our favorite fair foods, including BBQ. Oh yes, pulled pork sandwiches and ribs with a pickle on the side. YUM! This was only one of the yummy cuisines of the day.

We coped with the heat by eating ice cream and ducking in and out of buildings, of which the Hobby Hall was one. Micah was even in good spirits to smile for the camera!

This year's fair also offered an extra bonus for me. Every year, I wear a funny t-shirt to listen to and watch people's reactions--it's part of my "people watching" fun. This year, Adam and I decided to coordinate and wear our Darth Vader t-shirts. It's a good thing we did because look who we ran into...

Micah lasted about five hours, which we think is pretty darn good. I think this picture sums up Micah's first fair experience: glazed eyes, a pooped out expression, and a crooked hat. With our tummies full of fair food, I think Adam, Julie, and I looked similar--as any great fair day should end!

5 comments:

A. Joy said...

Thanks Wilsons for doing the Puyallup for me! My home away from home. We'll be skipping it this year - something about no sheep allowed and bad traffic. =) Awesome shirts and Holy Cow! What are the odds that Vaders crew would have landed ship to check out the fair on the same day!? At least it wasn't dumping rain! Great week to go.

KathyB. said...

You and Darth Vaders' minions found each other, what are the chances? Oh...maybe it was NOT chance, but a planned meeting of the minds to plot a diabolical plan of world dominion...and you are toting around the future leader of the whole universe...Micah! ....or maybe not.

Looks like a perfect day at the fair!

Andrea said...

Wilsons!!!! So much fun to catch up on all your latest blog entries! You do such a great job with these. Just love the entry on the fair! And what a tickle to see Julie right there with you. Love that! The food sounded so good and Micah is such a trooper. I remember driving by the Puyallup sign with Daniel. The Darth shirts and pic = classic. Daniel and I got a big kick out of that. I owe you guys an e-mail too and will get on that! Much love! P.S. Daniel likes playing with his tennis balls!

Unknown said...

yeah i think 5 hours was clearly my limit too as i went to your house and immediately took a nap! the darth vader thing was fated. i will get my pics up soon and tag you on facebook. eagerly anticipating a cartain video. xoxo

Unknown said...

I have fond memories of doing the Puyallup with Adam & Matthew! Thanks for posting Shannon and I'm glad you guys had a great time.