Sunday, November 22, 2009

New Moon Day

Sometimes, it's fun to act younger than my age. Yesterday was one of those days. I've been eagerly anticipating the release of New Moon (the second movie in the Twilight saga). For me, it wasn't just a day to watch the movie--it was a day to reconnect with friends...and that's what made the day so awesome.

One of my friends flew in from out of state to watch the movie. I was blessed to spend the day with her. We spent it catching up, watching the first movie on DVD, and then watching all of the TV spots that I had taped during the week. We connect on so many levels that we never seem to have enough time to hang out--but I'm thankful for what we get.

We also planned a New Moon Day project--decorating shoes! We got stickers, ribbon, and rhinestones, and then went to town! The sparklier, the better!


As it poured down rain, we ran into the theater to watch the movie, which turned out to be a good representation of the book. But really, being able to hang out with my friends made my day!

3 comments:

A. Joy said...

You are so much fun! What a super fun and creative day! How neat that your friend flew in from out of state to watch the movie with you! Did Adam get his shoes decorated too? =)

Wilson Clan said...

Adam spent the day putting up with our craziness and whispering things to Micah like, "Don't listen to them...they have bad taste in movies." :)

KathyB. said...

How do you think of such fun things to do? I like the shoes...and your time with your friends is one you all will remember as great times.