Thursday, March 25, 2010

All things Twilight

Once again, I've been absent from blogging for a while, but I have good reasons this time: we've been traveling!

Our first trip was a late Valentine's day gift, but well worth the wait. Our friends came to visit us, and then we made a roadtrip to Forks to, well, geek out about all things Twilight. The guys, who are not Twilight fans and put up with us, were very good sports about the trip. Even Micah stayed in good spirits with all of his carseat time.

We took a ferry over to the Washington pennisula, and the sun was shining! This is one of my favorite pictures from the ferry ride.

Micah got to stretch his legs on the ferry as he practiced walking. Our friends also practiced walking next to Micah.

As we started the drive to Forks, the clouds started to roll in. We drove past Lake Cresent, which was absolutely beautiful. I could have stayed there all day and took pictures, but vampires awaited.

Micah was all geared up for Forks. (He's holding his own fork in this picture.) Yeah, ok, I put it there.

We enjoyed a quick lunch in Port Angeles, where Adam is supporting Spoons--because he's anti-forks.

As we approached Forks, the rain started. Go figure. At all of our Twilight stops, we would jump out of the car, take a picture, and then jump back in. The town of Forks is very, very small, so I think we stayed there maybe an hour (that includes all of our photo stops). It was a really fun hour though.

Unlike most Twi-hards, I'm not a Team Jacob or Edward fan--I'm Team Alice.

After Forks, we drove to La Push to find First Beach. Well, we didn't see a First Beach sign, but this is it! The wind was blowing really hard and cold, so we didn't stay long.

We ended our night by eating at Bella Italia in Port Angeles. For those of you who didn't see Twilight, it's the restaurant where Edward and Bella ate. Well, Bella ate; Edward watched.

We stayed the night in Port Angeles and awoke to a beautiful sunrise. Adam, Micah, and I walked down the waterfront path where the locals enjoyed their morning strolls. Micah insisted on saying "AHHHH" to all them--his "Good morning!"

All of the locals we saw said "good morning" back, and who wouldn't to this little guy?

We ended our visit with a Twilight-ish photo shoot in the woods.

A group photo (minus Micah) before we headed back home. We had a lot of fun on this trip! A big thanks to our friends for coming out and visiting us!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Was Micah taking that last photo? He's so grown up.

Or wait ... is he ... VAMPIRE!!!!



Also, you went to a place called "La Push" and supported "Team Alice." Will your next vacation bring you to West Hollywood? (Laura doubts that I should have written that, btw)

Miss you guys already!!! - James and Laura

Wilson Clan said...

As far as I know, Micah's not a vamp. Although, he likes to bite...hmmm.

Miss you both too!! I think you know what my next blog post will be about! :)

A. Joy said...

I was thinking the same thing - obviously Micah took the last photo ~ he's very advanced technologically which is not a surprise seeing who his parents are. =) I think I see some fangs growing out of Adam's mouth??? I've never been to Forks but have seen photos from my parents' trip there - I'm more of a Spork person, which is what happens when you leave your forks and spoons together too long in the same drawer. =)

KathyB. said...

Great post, and we ate at Bella Italia last summer. Everything we ate there was delicious and well worth the trip! It helps that the whole area is so beautiful and one can photograph almost anywhere and be happy with the result! Looks like a very fun time , were there lots of vampire jokes?

Wilson Clan said...

Autumn: I love Sporks! I think Micah will need to grow to love them too--considering Adam and I.

Kathy: No vampire jokes but lots of good conversation. That's the benefits of a long car ride...lots of time to talk. :)