Thursday, September 9, 2010

17 weeks (and 13 weeks)

So I guess it's true--baby number 2 gets less attention than baby number 1. That's really not my intent, but I've already taken less pregnancy pictures, am reporting about two appointments in this post because I missed blogging about my 13 week one, and have been eating less heathly foods and drinking less water than my last pregnancy. I guess all I can say is, "Sorry Number 2. I'm trying." Ok, on to the updates.

Here are my stats for my 13 week appointment:
  1. I gained 1.5 pounds from my starting weight. As with my last pregnancy, I'm trying to stay within the 25-35 pound gain. So far, so good.
  2. We got to hear Number 2's heartbeat, which measured at 155 beats per minute! At our first appointment (around 9 weeks), we weren't able to find Number 2's heartbeat, so hearing it this time was a blessing. I keep saying that hearing the heartbeat is just another sign that everything is going well. It's not like I have a little porthole window to see what's going on inside me.

Here are my stats for my 17 week appointment:
  1. Total weight gain thus far: 2.5 pounds
  2. Number 2's heartbeat: 145 beats per minute
  3. I had blood work done for various genetic tests, which we'll get the results for at our next appointment.
  4. We also met with an OB/GYN to see if a natural birth would be possible. After looking at my previous labor experience, the doctor said that I'm a borderline case. When I'm 36 weeks pregnant, we'll be able to tell if Number 2 is bigger than Micah was, which may be the tipping point to plan another C-section. In all honesty, I'm not set on trying for a natural delivery. At the same time, I'm not really looking forward to a spinal tap. So, I guess you can say I'm feeling borderline too. Thankfully, I don't need to make a decision today.

So there you have it. As far as we know, Number 2 is healthy and happily growing, as is evident from my baby bump!

No comments: