
And the stats from my appointment:
- Weight gain: 5 pounds
- Number 2's heartbeat: 153 beats per minute
The good news is that the baby is growing and developing into a healthy little girl! As we were trying to discover her gender, she decided to inform us in her own special way...by taking a pee. I have to admit that this was probably the most interesting urination that I'll probably ever see in my life. We could actually see her urine interacting with the aminiotic fluid. Technology and biology--and His creation--are so amazing!
We also received a bit of unexpected news. While all of her organs and bones show no abnormalities, the umbilical cord has only two strands--instead of three. Apparently, this is common; however, I'll need to have another ultrasound done to look closer for any abnormalities that may not have shown up on this scan. We're praying that this little hiccup is just that, and that Baby Girl Wilson continues on her healthy path. We're looking at this as an opportunity to see more pictures!
Here are a few fun pictures of her. This is her waving hello to us. Her head is the round object on the right side.

These are the bottoms of her feet, which are pointing to the right. You can sort of make out a blurry set of ten tiny toes.

And this is her beautiful profile, which is also a little blurry due to her constant state of movement. She's a little wiggle worm--just like her brother was!

Praise Him for another little precious gift!
2 comments:
Praises, for sure! I am thrilled to hear the news of a girl and will be sure to keep you both in our prayers as you learn more about what to expect in the next couple weeks.
Much love!
-Beth
Congratulations! Not once did I think this baby was a boy. I just assumed she would be a girl. Looks like she's growing right along quite healthy and is probably just so efficient already that she doesn't need 3 strands in her umbilical cord to get the job done. You know, girls eat less anyway. What a little miracle indeed!
Post a Comment