Saturday, August 21, 2010

Cutesy stuff

Lately, Micah has been a real character. Sometimes he knows he is (and he hams it up), and other times, he hasn't a clue how adorable he's being. Here's our proof.

Micah has a new love of hats. Probably because he's seen Adam wear a hat, and Micah wants to do everything his daddy does. So, Micah needed to wear his hat all day--even in the house.

Micah has discovered how wonderful pillows are. While I was busy checking email, he took the pillows off the futon and arranged them around him--including the one behind his back. If you're going to play, play comfortably.

We're preparing Micah for walking in crowds, so we're experimenting with using a "child leash." I found an awesome leash that doubles as a backpack. And double score, Micah loves wearing it.

While I was talking on the phone, Micah was playing with the laundry basket--nothing new there. Until I heard him saying, "Mama...Mama..." That's when I found him inside the basket. That was the first time he's done that little trick.

The Bumbo chair has been a favorite of Micah's for the past few days. The problem is our little guy has chunky thighs, so getting him in the Bumbo takes an adult's help. Micah has decided that he'd rather sit in the Bumbo this way--with one leg curled up under him. Umm...sure.

And then there's this fun new skill. Any kid can push the truck the right way up, but Micah has decided to follow the road (or carpet as the case may be) less traveled. He flips his truck, puts the blocks inside the truck's frame, and pushes the upside-down truck around the room.

We're really blessed to have such an entertaining little guy.

1 comment:

A. Joy said...

I love catching up on what Micah has been doing! He's so cute and looks so handsome in a hat! The ideas they get and ways they play at this age crack me up!