Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A good nap

This morning, I experienced something I haven't for a very long time. Our tired little boy willingly went down for a nap. Usually, Micah gets tired and fights to stay awake, which means he gets crankier and crankier. Not today. Today, he started showing signs of getting tired, and we went upstairs. He picked out three books to read, and we sat in the glider and read one of the books three times. Apparently, Old MacDonald's farm was very interesting today. As I half-read/half-sang to Micah, he started to close his eyes. I felt him start to twitch as he started to peacefully fall asleep in my arms. I slowly lifted him into his crib, covered him with a blanket, and left the room. Sometimes, by the time I get downstairs and turn on the monitor, our little monkey has decided that he really isn't tired and is standing in his crib. Not today. Today, I'm watching him drift off into a peaceful nap. Sleep well, little guy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These moments are wonderful surprises to everyday humdrum. In your condition, I'm sure the break was delightful.