Adam and I taped off the molding and primed the room last Saturday. (For those concerned parents out there, I wore a mask and frequently left the room. In truth, Adam did most of the priming.) On Sunday, Adam's mom helped Adam with the cream walls and ceiling and sage green accent wall. She was a huge help because that only left the borders of the accent wall. Adam finished those off during the week, as I removed the tape and drop cloths from the rest of the room. And wallah--painting the nursery is done!
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Paint the Nursery: Done!
When we bought our home, Adam and I thought the upstairs bedroom was cute. After two years and knowing that we'll be spending more of our time in that room, the painted walls in the nursery (as we call it now) were not so cute.
Starting from the floor, they were painted a seafoam green. A black road with yellow dashes zigged and zagged across the entire room, separating the robin's egg blue sky from the green.
It's a great concept, but we think Baby Wilson would grow out of this paint job sooner or later, which would mean we'd have to paint around his furniture and relocate him for a bit. So, we decided to paint the room now to match the rest of the house because we have not bought any furniture yet (a blessing in disguise).
Adam and I taped off the molding and primed the room last Saturday. (For those concerned parents out there, I wore a mask and frequently left the room. In truth, Adam did most of the priming.) On Sunday, Adam's mom helped Adam with the cream walls and ceiling and sage green accent wall. She was a huge help because that only left the borders of the accent wall. Adam finished those off during the week, as I removed the tape and drop cloths from the rest of the room. And wallah--painting the nursery is done!
Now for the furniture...
Adam and I taped off the molding and primed the room last Saturday. (For those concerned parents out there, I wore a mask and frequently left the room. In truth, Adam did most of the priming.) On Sunday, Adam's mom helped Adam with the cream walls and ceiling and sage green accent wall. She was a huge help because that only left the borders of the accent wall. Adam finished those off during the week, as I removed the tape and drop cloths from the rest of the room. And wallah--painting the nursery is done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Now I am waiting to see the furniture.....yay, a decorating blog. A.Joy says the rest of your house could be in a magazine, so I am awaiting!
IKEA here we come!!!!!! But a bit of sadness on the loss of Matthew's room. The car room - I was sure that little road was the reason you bought the house in the first place!
LOL! I don't know about a magazine, more like an IKEA catalog. ;) As for Matthew's room, well, he "graduated" to the futon now in our messy office. :)
Post a Comment