You know you've started the third trimester when...
- It doesn't matter what you eat, just as long as you eat when you're hungry...and that's all of the time.
- No one makes eye contact with you on a first greeting. It's more like "belly contact."
- You've given up trying to hide your baby bump with baggy sweaters.
- You still look forward to wearing maternity shirts; however, you momentarily forget this joy when you have to tie the strings on your shirt behind your back when you get dressed.
- You worry about getting said strings wet when you use the bathroom.
- Your shirts and pants have food stains because as you eat, you miss your mouth a lot more than you used to.
- Overalls are no longer an option. Sure, the pants are baggy, but the non-elastic waistband is like a cinch over your tummy.
- You try to tie your shoes by bending over, and then remember that you can no longer reach your feet without cocking your leg at an odd angle.
- Your hand and your tummy attract each other. They seem to be attached when you sit or stand.
- You're instaneously distracted as soon as the baby moves, kicks, punches, or rolls.
- You watch your tummy instead of the TV.
- You want other people to feel the baby move, but feel a little awkward about sharing that experience as well.
- There are more pillows on your bed for your tummy than your head.
- You temporarily lose your mind (and emotions) at random times in the day.
- You no longer look forward to getting the weekly e-mails about your pregnancy's progress because that just means that labor is that much closer.
- You think of yourself as "fat," but others think of you as "pregnant" or "cute."
- The reality of being pregnant has officially set in...finally. The reality that you're going to be your baby's parent has not.
- You feel completely overwhelmed by baby clothes, furniture, gear, and supplies.
- You want to hear about other women's pregnancy experiences--especially women who are pregnant or just gave birth.
- You signed up for a million pregnancy classes to "prepare" yourself.
I could go on, but I'll stop for now. Being pregnant is definitely a unique experience, and I'm taking this journey one day at a time.
3 comments:
Oh how funny! And how wonderful! Baby is getting closer and closer to making an appearance and isn't it exciting ? Really, even if you are not prepared with clothing, furniture, all the latest gadgets and accessories, baby can still make an appearance and go home with you and be just fine. You already have all you need, each other and the brains God gave you to take care of each other , and that should never be underestimated!
Hahahahahah! I think I was nodding my head and saying 'Yes!' to everything on your list. I liked to remind myself that the actual labor part is only one day of your life and will be over with before you know it!
( Double 'Yes!' on the shirt strings getting in the toilet! Thought I might have been the only one struggling there. )
Shannon,
I love this post. It's very encouraging. I find that even in my sixteenth week my hand finds my belly, which feels silly sometimes. It's amazing how much of a miracle this is.
Blessings to you and Adam.
-Beth
Post a Comment