- Total weight gain thus far: 17.5 pounds (apparently, Baby Wilson and I had a growth spurt)
- Baby Wilson's heartbeat is still at 140 beats per minute and going strong. YAY!
- Baby Wilson's head is down already, which is good news. So the kicks I feel on my left side appear to be actual kicks. We're still not sure about the movements I feel under my ribs, but he may be shaking his booty. Baby's got back!
- I passed the 3-hour glucose test! YAY I don't have gestational diabetes! Note to all pregnant women who read this blog: Save yourself from not having to go through the 3-hour glucose test by not eating a banana the morning of your glucose screening test--no matter how much you "need" it. I'm pretty sure that's what increased my numbers.
After all of this great news, we got to tour the birthing wing in the hospital. The birthing suites are pretty large and fully equipped with a stereo, TV, and a DVD player. That made my "focal" point obvious...Star Wars soundtracks and movies! Ok, so I haven't 100% decided about these focal points, but they are definitely options.
Anyway, the midwives showed us the bed and all of its tricked out features: birthing bar, handholds for the birthing ball, hydrolics, and stage lights. Sure these aren't the "technical" terms for all of these items, but these terms help me internalize this whole experience.
In all seriousness, I was definitely more comfortable with giving birth after the tour than I was before. I also think the tour helped Adam too, and that makes me very happy.
1 comment:
I love the hospital tours! I think it relieves some of the nervousness when you know exactly where you'll be going when the time comes to get there! You'll do great - almost time!!!!
Post a Comment