Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas thrice

Yet again, I'm behind on my blogging, which is why I'm writing about Christmas is January. I guess it's not as bad as writing about Christmas in July, right?

We spread our Christmas celebrations over four days this year. Adam and I shared our first celebration after Micah went to bed on December 23rd. This year marked the longest that we waited to exchange gifts since we started dating. We typically get so excited about seeing each other's reactions that we can't wait! But it was nice to wait this year; it was extra special to have some focused time for each other.

With our present exchange out of the way, Micah had all of his presents to open in the morning with no interruptions. He took the task of opening each present very seriously. Little piece by little piece, he'd pull off the wrapping paper.

Micah was able to truly enjoy each present, bestowing special attention to each gift.

After Micah's nap, Paula and Tim came over for our third celebration. We surprised Paula by dressing Micah in the outfit that she had made for Adam when he was a child. She was very surprised indeed!

I think Tim is high-fiving Micah for bearing his little legs in December.

We shared a meal, and then opened presents. One of Micah's favorite presents was a tent, which we affectionately call his "boy cave." Micah loves getting inside his tent, snuggling up on his monkey throne (that is, a monkey pillow he sits on), and inviting everyone to "it" (which means crawl in the tent and sit down). Thankfully, there's enough room in the boy cave for two--as Paula demonstrates!

Our last Christmas celebration was on Christmas Day; we loaded up Homer and drove down to my parent's house to celebrate with them, their neighbors, and Paula. Micah received two, very manly, presents from my parents: homemade wooden blocks and a loader that he can ride.
Here's my Dad showing Micah where all the block magic happened.

And here's Micah on his loader. Really, I don't know who was more excited--Micah or my Dad.

The day was spent enjoying great food, excellent company, and playing with Micah's loader.

My parents also got Adam and I a Marauder's Map from the Harry Potter movies. We are excited to spend some time translating the Latin phrases on it!

Thank you to everyone for all of the warm Christmas wishes, thoughts, and gifts. We really feel blessed to be able to spend time with family and friends!

1 comment:

A. Joy said...

What a warm and wonderful Christmas you had! Neat gifts Micah got! I want a loader! My grandpa used to take us down to the basement where he'd spent making lots of wooden toys for us for Christmas. I still have most of them. What treasures!