- Because of the single vessel cord, we've had a lot more appointments to balance, which means finding frequent baby sitters for Micah and making sure Adam is available for the necessary appointments he needs to be there for. Now that we're getting closer to the end, I have three different appointments to schedule each week: ultrasounds (of which there are two types needed at different frequencies), midwife check ups, and non-stress tests (NSTs).
- Around Christmas, I had some unusal spotting. Thankfully, I can report that the midwives have ruled out all of the "bad" reasons for this to happen (such as a placental eruption or a tear), but they also don't know why it happened. As long as it doesn't happen again, I'm in the clear.
- I've taken two NSTs to date, each of which have been drastically different. The first one, she passed within 10 minutes. During the second one, she had the hiccups, which meant that 30 minutes of the test had to be thrown out.
- Our 34 week appointment had a new bump: I was tested for preeclampsia. Thankfully, the tests have since come back negative.
With all of that said, 34 weeks of this pregnancy is definitely a bumpy road. We're thankful that all of the tests we've had have produced the best news possible--and most importantly, she's doing great! Here are the latest stats:
- Total weight gain: 19 pounds
- Baby's heart rate: 150 beats per minute
And here's the evidence that she is actually growing:

I think we're all excited to welcome her soon--but not too soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment