For those of you that don't know what "do the Puyallup" means, I'll explain. It's been the official slogan of the Puyallup Fair since we've moved to this beautiful state--maybe even before that. The Puyallup Fair is always great, and this year was no different--well except for the rain that we all could have done without.
Adam and I brought a friend of ours to spend the fair day with Adam's mom and my mom. We enjoyed the booths, fair taffy, Krusty Pups (that is, corn dogs), free milk, ice cream, BBQ pork sandwiches, animals of all sorts, running into friends, the hyponotist, and Mutton Bustin'.
What's Mutton Bustin' you ask? This is a somewhat new fair attraction. Kids that are 60 pounds or lighter have the option to "ride" sheep rodeo style and stay on for as long as they can. The winner gets a belt buckle. Oh yes, you read that right--a belt buckle. Most of the kids fall off into the mud in the first few seconds, but they all get cheers! It's fair-tastic fun!
The entire time we were at the fair, I couldn't help but think that the next time we walk the paved roads, Adam and I will be pushing (or carrying) Baby Wilson. We can't wait!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment