Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thai and Indian Food

Since I've started working for my company, I've eaten a lot of thai and indian food. My coworkers and I frequent two restaurants whenever a new person starts, when we celebrate another month passing, or whenever any of us feel like going out for lunch. Every now and then, we'll throw in mexican to spice things up. But, typically, it's thai or indian.

I've grown to love thai and indian food. When I go to thai, I order the same thing...Lard Nah. Oh it's this wonderful dish with beef, brocolli, and wide pan-fried noodles in a gravy-like soup. It's fantastic on a cold day. When I eat indian, I walk through the buffet to my favorite dishes...Chicken Talay, deep fried vegetable balls, rice, indian bread, various curry dishes, and an okra dish that is to die for.

Last week (yes, I'm behind in blogging), I went to thai and indian in the same week. Apparently, Baby Wilson is not a fan of thai or indian food. What's a girl to do? None of my coworkers--except my manager--know about Baby Wilson right now, so I'm trying to "pretend" everything's normal. I still want to eat out with my coworkers, so I'm going to have to branch out and try different menu items. Maybe, just maybe, Baby Wilson will find something to like. Happy eating!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

have you tried chicken tikka masala or palak paneer? i think those are both pretty gentle for indian food. as far as thai food...i usually loove thos ethai soups that have lemongrass and chicken and sometimes coconut milk and sometimes not. man, marcia, a coworker in taiwan didnt want indian during her pregnancy when it used to be our go-to dine-out place. and i felt serious pity.

Wilson Clan said...

I will definitely have to try these suggestions. So far, I've been able to avoid both places since these experiences. I figure I'm living on borrowed time... :)