Sunday, October 12, 2008

Is that MY stomach or yours, Ambrosius?

A few of you may recognize this line from the movie, Labyrinth (one of my favorites). I chose it as the title of this post because it seemed very appropriate.

Yesterday morning, I was lying in bed, and something told me to feel my barely showing baby bump. My hand wasn't on my belly for more than a minute when I felt a little nudge, not only from the outside, but from the inside as well. At first, I thought, "Naw, it's probably just gas because the books say I won't be able to feel Baby Wilson for another month." And then, in protest, Baby Wilson nudged again...in the same spot. I was careful to listen for the tell-tale sign of gas rumbling through my tummy, but there was none. I got a little more excited as a third nudge happened, but it was lighter than the first two.

McKenzie, hungry and ready to remedy that, heard Adam toss and nuzzled him on his side of the bed, which woke him up enough to start petting her. That was my cue.

Me: Adam, I think I felt the baby.
Adam: Really?
Me: Want to try to feel it?

Before I got that last sentence out, his hand was on my tummy. But, Baby Wilson was done nudging.

Adam's been a "baby whisperer" for a while. We've had pregnant friends ask if he wants to feel the baby kick, and as soon as he touches their stomachs, the babies stop moving. I tease him and say it's a blessing. One day, when Baby Wilson is refusing to sleep and I need to, I'm going to put the baby whisperer on the case. We'll see how my plan works. ;) But I really do hope he gets to feel Baby Wilson kick at some point...just during the day would be nice.

2 comments:

KathyB. said...

To feel your baby moving inside you is one of the most special things of my life.....that phrase, "flutter of life " is really the best description of how it felt for the first few months, then you get the BAM ! POW!

Have you felt Baby Wilson with a case of hiccups yet ?

Wilson Clan said...

No hiccups yet. I guess I feel what the "experts" call "quickening." Basically, it just flutters now, but I feel them every day. :)