This morning started out just like any other morning. Adam's alarm clock woke us up, but he rolled over and hit the snooze. When the second alarm ended, he got out of bed and got ready for work while I continued to nap. I got out of bed when he was done with the bathroom and got ready for the day while he packed our lunches. (Yep, I have a fantastic husband. I look forward to spoiling him with lunches and dinners every day.)
Because both of our jobs are getting busier, our morning conversations have been about work. But not this morning. When we were walking out of our house, I saw a strange looking bird fly over our neighbor's house, across the street, and land on another neighbor's roof. It was a blue heron! Adam and I were amazed at seeing this bird. Had we left a few seconds later, we would have missed this encounter.
The drive to work--well at least the first 10 minutes--was filled with comments like, "I can't believe we saw that!" or "I wish I had the camera." The blue heron was definitely a nice distraction from the normal "let's prepare ourselves for work" conversations. Happy Wednesday!
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Isn't it wonderful to be surprised by amazing creatures that are not usually seen in our daily life ? Herons always remind me of teradactyls (sp?) and it seems odd they fly so well and are comfortable on tree branches that often appear too slight to bear the weight of the Heron.
And yes, what a wonderful husband Adam is, preparing your lunch ! Are you all excited enough for the new little Wilson ? Jim and KathyB.
Yes! I thought the same thing when I saw it flying! They are very graceful for their size...truly beautiful animals in my opinion.
I'm starting to become more excited now that we're sharing the news openly. I still feel the same and there's still no visible signs, but those come in His time. :)
Post a Comment