Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

Halloween isn't really my holiday, but I love looking at the little kids in their costumes. There were several cute ones this year!

At work, some coworkers and I wore costumes. I wore overalls, a sticker, and a jedi robe that I made. I carried a lightsaber and hung out with R2-D2 (which moves, listens to voice commands, and throws hissy fits--I love this droid). I was not a jedi. I was not Harry Potter--even though one of my coworkers thought I was. Can you guess?

I was a nod to pop culture--specifically to Microsoft's latest ad campaign. "I'm a PC, and I'm a Star Wars geek." Some people got it, others didn't, but that's OK. I got to wear overalls to work, which is against the rules. I know, I'm such a rebel!

But my costume was not the best part...it was the kids. Maybe it's because I work with their parents and get to hear stories about these little ones, maybe it's because they weren't obnoxious and rang the doorbell 4 times to get candy, or maybe it's just because they are so darn cute. Whatever the reason, the best costumes all day were Spiderman, a monkey, and a knight! Happy Halloween all!

No comments: