If that wasn't special enough, we also were treated to a snow storm as we traveled home from work. Even though the area we live in is full of hills, Adam's skills for driving in the snow got us home safely.
We quickly ate dinner and then took McKenzie for a walk--something she begs us for every night. Lately, we haven't been walking at night because it's so dark out by the time we're done eating, but last night was special. The lights from the houses and street lights bounced off the snow-covered yards, sidewalks, and streets, making for a well-lit nighttime stroll.
On our walk, Adam threw snow at McKenzie, which she would shake off. She also showed her puppy side as she trotted, sniffed, and sneezed through the three inches of fresh snow. We also saw a dad and a son playing. The dad would put his son into a sled at the top of their sloped driveway, give a push, and the son would squeal the entire way down. When the dad picked up his son at the bottom, he asked if the little boy wanted to go again. For as long as we were in earshot, the son answered yes. I thought about what sights and sounds I would hear next year (and the following years) from Adam and our son on snow days...
When we got home, Adam and I played in the snow. McKenzie, ready to go in, sat on the porch for a while, but she soon decided she could play in the snow with us. We ended up building a snowman or should I say snowgentleman--notice his snow top hat!
Adam asked if he should put the head and hat back on the body that seemed to be shrieking for its head--rather than showing joy like it was last night. I said no because losing body parts, accessories, and melting are all part of a snowman's life. I suddenly feel closer to Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes.
1 comment:
Love the hat on your snowman!
I LOVE the Calvin and Hobbes snowmen. One year before I was married I made 4 snowmen out in our yard just like the ones Calvin made once and had them all throwing snowballs at eachother. They were great. I miss them...
Post a Comment