Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ribs

While you may think this post is about ribs, like the food...oh yummy, meaty ribs that are smothered in BBQ sauce...it's not. (But, now I am thinking about ribs.)

Over the pass few weeks, Baby Wilson has been growing a bunch. My tummy has grown from a barely-showing baby bump to a noticeable bump. People are actually noticing my bump now and making the connection (which is really a lot of fun because I love telling people about our growing baby). The visible size of my bump still depends on the shirt that I wear, but even the baggier shirts are starting to lose their discretion capabilities.

I'm also hungry all of the time. Adam was kind enough to remind me that I'm supposed to put on a pound a week between now and when Baby Wilson enters the world. Yes, a pound a week. While that sounds daunting, I'm all for Baby Wilson getting the nutrients that he needs to prepare him for the world. But back to ribs...

My third clue about Baby Wilson's growth is that my lowest ribs hurt. My guess is that as Baby Wilson grows, he's pushing all of my internal organs up into my rib cage. I also have bad posture, so I naturally slouch--adding extra pressure on those lower ribs. I'm trying to improve my posture, stand when I can, and massage the rib that hurts the most, but if anyone has any other tips about reducing this rib pain, I'd like to hear from ya.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I so appreciate your little revelations and writing! What an incredible journey to parenthood! I so enjoy your blog! Congratulations on your baby boy! What wonderful news. Daniel told me about Daniel Wilson :) The 3-D pic sure is dramatic! Hope you are both doing well! Sending you lots of love! And am jumping with JOY for Maui ahead! And there is A LOT of other JOY before that too!

KathyB. said...

I remember that particular pain. I think that is what allowed me to NOT put on too much weight for any of my pregnancies. The pain in my ribs after eating was pretty intense. But after all, you get a baby in the end, instead of heartburn and excess weight. Sounds like Baby Wilson is growing and healthy and you are doing well. Praise God ! It is getting close to Baby Time !