Monday, December 1, 2008

Baby Wilson's gender revealed

Warning: If you don't want to know the gender of Baby Wilson, I suggest not reading this post.

Today was the day Adam and I have been waiting for...the day of the ultrasound. We made the decision to find out Baby Wilson's gender pretty early in this pregnancy. This decision was mostly driven by the fact that we're planners, but the fact that we can't even wait until Christmas morning to exchange gifts may have had something to do with it too. We were very excited to say the least!

Before the technician started scanning, he asked if we wanted to find out the gender. We told him we did, and it's a good thing too. The first image the technician found--without trying to look--was the first sign that Baby Wilson is a proud boy. To quote the technician, "Well, he's not a shy one." I teased Adam that Baby Wilson gets this trait from me. Even though we received a picture of his "proof," I'll spare him his dignity and post a picture of his foot instead.

As the technician continued with the ultrasound, we got to see Baby Wilson twitch, his heart beat, and his legs kick. The technician measured all of his bones and noted that Baby Wilson is in the 90th percentile for growth; he's on his way to becoming an 8.0+ pound baby. Here's a profile picture of our growing boy.


I think one of the coolest parts of the ultrasound was seeing a 3D image of Baby Wilson. You can see his right eye, nose, mouth, both arms, and hands. Notice that Baby Wilson is touching his forehead--I think this trait comes from his daddy, who likes to touch his head while he sleeps.

We've been praying for a healthy human, and He has answered this prayer. We are so happy to be blessed with a healthy, growing, baby boy!

4 comments:

KT said...

Congratulations! I had to decide whether or not I wanted to read further and find out, but I figured I would eventually hear it from someone. We can't wait to meet Mr. Wilson Jr. in a few months!
See you soon!

A. Joy said...

Woo Hoo! Brick Wall Wilson is on his way! He's so cute already and we're excited our little guy will have a little friend to play with when they're a bit older!

Gooseshooter said...

How exciting! Little boys are a lot of fun. Thank you for sharing this with all of us ~Kathleen

KathyB. said...

Hip hip hooray ! Another Wilson lad on the way! What is even more wonderful is that he is healthy and about to be born to two parents who love him and love Him ! Praise God for the blessing of a baby in your life!