I can't remember the last time we had a white Christmas, but after a week and a day of snow, it was inevitable. :) We even had more snow falling when we woke up!
All the snow and ice wasn't going to keep us from our family, so Adam and I loaded up the truck, picked up his mom, and then drove to my parents' house. Every year, my mom adds a few new decorations to the "icicle-covered" tree or the "winter wonderland" scenes in her house. I enjoy looking for the new ones and remembering how the old ones were added to her collection.
We chatted merrily, ooo'd and ahh'd as we opened presents, and smiled happily when that special someone opened up "the" present we've been waiting to give him or her.
My favorite part of the day came next--the food! From the appetizers to the dessert, I couldn't stop eating all of my favorites! There was caprese, antipasta (with pickles!!), cheese ball, nuts and bolts, beef stick, mom's lasagne (oh how I've waited for that), a "buca" salad, and apple crisp. Family friends joined us for this beautiful feast and conversations.
Most of all, we are blessed to have such a loving family--whether near or far--to share this day with and are blessed to be a part of His family.
4 comments:
What a lovely post! You look so cute Shannon , and the picture with your Mom is nice. But you made me so hungry when you described the food! Lasagne for Christmas, that sounds pretty darn good.Now, what are nuts and bolts?
Nuts and bolts are a specialty of Adam's mom. Basically, it's Chex mix, but it's the best trail mix I've ever had! :)
I'm totally with KathyB as you described the food! OH WOW! What a wonderful post of a white Christmas filled with family and LOVE! It was also so special to skype with you guys. I'm happy to say that my voice is much better now :) We are off to Thailand today. Next trip is MAUI! Woot! So much JOY. Blessings in the New Year dear Wilsons! What a year of discovery it will be - from Maui and beyond! To birthing NEW LIFE! What a miracle in YOU and for you BOTH! Love and JOY!
Hi Shannon. Thank you for posting such beautiful pictures of you two and the family. It's great to see Paula and makes me miss the boys too.
God bless you two.
Love,
Beth
Post a Comment