So, I don't bake much. But sometimes, I just get the craving for warm cookies. For the past two weeks, I've been thinking about my friend's amazing chocolate macaroons. So, I went to the grocery store, bought all the ingredients, prepped my baking area, and started to make these beautiful chocolately cookies. I avoided burning the chocolate, which amazed me. I was quick to mix the batch and get them into the oven before the cookies deflated, another shock. BUT...
As I was taking the oh-so-good smelling cookies out of the oven, the parchment paper slid off the cookie sheet. 7 of the 12 cookies slid off the paper and SMOOSHED onto the floor.
It's times like this when I'm reminded of more reasons to love my husband. As I'm yelling, "AHHHHH!!!!!," Adam hug-holds Micah to keep him away from the hot mess. Micah starts to cry because of my reaction. I bend down to comfort Micah, who grabs me into a hug hold. Adam cleans up my cookie mess and simply reminds me that...at least I have 5 cookies to enjoy and no one got hurt. So true.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
He is a " the cup is half full" kind of guy! You are blessed, and you did have 5 tasty cookies.Bet they did not last long.
Oh how fortunate you are to have such an encouraging hubs.
And don't dismay, you can make the recipe again.
Post a Comment