Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Granny

Just as Adam and I were better (and Micah was about halfway through his medicine), we received some very unexpected news. Adam's grandma, who we all called "Granny," passed away. In true Granny form, she appeared to have passed peacefully after she attended evening church, settled in with some pizza and a Sprite, and watched a baseball game.

Adam flew out to Tennessee to support his family, while I stayed at home with Micah. Micah, in general, is a Daddy's boy, so I was a bit unsure how he'd do with Adam being gone for a while. He missed his Daddy--as did I--but we both enjoyed our time together.

Granny passed away a few days before her birthday. Apparently, she had celebrated enough birthdays with family on Earth and joyfully accepted the Lord's invitation to celebrate with Him and her family who had passed before her.

Granny loved the Lord and her family. We particularly loved watching Granny interact with Micah. We'll never forget her version of "patty cake" and her and Micah rockin' together.

When Granny would come to visit, she'd get right down on the floor with Micah and play.

Looking back now, I'm really glad we took this "generational" picture.

Granny's love for family didn't stop with her own. She opened her arms to several others and welcomed my own family as hers as well.

We'll remember Granny and teach her "Granny-isms," such as A.S.A.P. means to "always stop and pray," to our newest Wilson Clan member when she comes. But most of all, we'll remember the special times we shared with Granny, and we look forward to seeing her again.

1 comment:

A. Joy said...

I was so sad to hear of her passing but such a wonderful tribute to her your post is here - a truly happy post. Well written Shannon. What a great way to go.