Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween activities

Our Halloween was filled with fun activities. Swim lessons, pumpkin carving, and partying with friends.

Micah took to pumpkin carving really well! After we took the pumpkin's top off, he stuck his hand in and grabbed out a bunch of seeds.

Of course, there's the stringy guts that surround the seeds. Better get that off.

Micah understood that we were keeping the seeds, so he put his findings in the bowl. They didn't always stay in the bowl, but that's OK.

I think this picture is a half smile, half roar. Pumpkins everywhere fear for their lives.

Our pregnancy group held a Halloween party this year. We didn't really go all out on the costume. I bought a skeleton shirt for Micah, which I thought was pretty cool looking. After I dressed Micah in his shirt and pants for the day, Adam looked at him and said, "He's a junior Cobra Kai member from the Karate Kid!" Yep. That'll work. Micah's favorite sticks completed his costume.

At the party, we caught up with everyone, ate some snacks, and tried to take the group pictures that we've taken at all of the other events. Yeah, it was like herding gerbils.

After about, oh 15 seconds, Micah had enough and wanted to explore the porch.

We were able to coax some of the kids to sit down without their moms. But, that didn't last long either. Gotta love toddlers!

No comments: